1. The name of the club is Abergele Harriers.
2. The headquarters of the club is Abergele Leisure Centre, Faenol Avenue, Abergele.
3. The objective of the Club is the promotion of Amateur Athletics, primarily in Abergele and its surrounding area.
4. The management of the Club is vested in a Committee consisting of Chairperson, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Secretary and other members as occasionally decided; all to be elected annually with a number of 4 (four) being required to form a quorum, or one fifth of the paid up membership, whichever is the smaller. The Committee has power to fill any vacancy which may arise during the year.
Election of Committee
5. Nominations for all positions within the club must be made to the Honorary Secretary or Chairman, in writing, a minimum of 21 (twenty one) days before the AGM, and all niminations must then be published and distributed by the Honorary Secretary a minimum of 14 (fourteen) days before the AGM. Nominations on the night can only be made if no written nominations have be received by the above times.
6. a) Membership of the club is confined to Amateurs as defined by the relevant Men’s and Women’s Athletic Associations.
b) A candidate for membership should apply in writing on a form provided for the purpose.
c) (Added 26/3/2017) A child is defined as a person under the age of 18 (The Children Act 1989).Due to the fact that the club trains almost exclusively on public roads, for safety reasons, we do not cater for children and recommend that runners under the age of 18 years go to the safer environment of a track based club.
7. A member intending to withdraw from the club shall give notice in writing to the Hon. Secretary and his/her membership terminates on the date of that notice unless he/she is financially indebted to the club, in which case the Committee may withhold acceptance of the resignation until he/she has discharged his/her liability. A member not having tendered his/her resignation before April shall be liable for the ensuing year’s subscription.
8. The Annual subscription to the club shall be determined each year at the Annual General Meeting of the Club. It is payable on election to the Club and subsequently on the 1st of April in each year. Members can only run in Club vest if affiliated to the relevant Athletic Association. Affiliation fees are also due at the same time as Club membership subscriptions. On 30th April each year a list of paid members will be produced by the Membership Secretary and displayed on the club notice board.
9. a) The Committee shall have the power to expel any member whose subscription is six months in arrears provided a months notice shall have been sent to such member by registered letter addressed to his/her last known address, informing him/her of the proposed action of the Committee.
b) The name and address of any person so expelled from the Club shall be sent to the Honorary Secretary of the relevant Athletic Association and shall be entered in a book (to be called "The Black Book") kept for that purpose.
c) No member whose subscription is in arrears is eligible to take part in any competition promoted by the club.
Annual General Meeting
10. (Amended 10/4/2013) A General Meeting shall be held during the first three months of every year to receive the Committee’s report and financial statement, elect Officers and Committee (as per 5a above), and deal with any other matters specified on the agenda. The Hon. Secretary must publicize the AGM to Members at least 28 (twenty eight) days in advance. And any business which is desired to be placed on the agenda must be given in writing to the Hon. Secretary at least 21 (twenty one) days before the meeting.
Extraordinary (Special) General Meeting
11. An Extraordinary (Special) General Meeting must be called by the Hon. Secretary within 14 days of the receipt by him/her of a requisition in writing, signed by 6 (six) Members of the Club, stating the business to be brought before such a meeting.
Alterations to the Constitution
12. No alterations or additions may be made to the Constitution except at the Annual General Meeting, or at an Extraordinary General Meeting called for that purpose.
13. One General Meeting shall be held at least every 2 (two) calendar months.
Notice of meetings
14. The Hon. Secretary shall give at least 7 (seven) days notice to members of the time and place on any General Meeting.
15. The Committee may expel any Member from the Club who they may deem the quality of conduct detrimental to the interests of the Club or to Amateur Athletics in general. Any such Member, on giving notice within 7 (seven) days of receipt by him/her of a Notice of Expulsion, may claim the right of appeal to an Extraordinary General Meeting which must be held within 14 (fourteen) days of the receipt of his/her appeal. A majority of those voting at such a Meeting is necessary to reinstate him/her in Membership.
Power of committee
16. The Committee shall decide any question as to the interpretation of the Constitution rules and deal with any matter not definitely provided for therein.
17. The Club colours shall be Yellow vests with a black horizontal stripe with Abergele Harriers in yellow within stripe and Black shorts.
18. Any decision to dissolve the Club can only be taken at an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting held for that purpose. The decision must be passed by a vote of two thirds of the Membership. Any remaining assets of the Club shall revert to the relevant Athletic Associations to which the Club is affiliated at the time in equal parts.